Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Terrific Tips Tuesday

Here we are nearly at the end of January. I can hardly believe it. I thought I would share just a little peak at my new craft room in case you made any New Year's resolutions to get organized. The room isn't completely photo-ready yet, but my husband finally got these rails from IKEA hung. I use them to organize some of my punches for quick and easy access.
He was surprised to come back in the room and see that I had organized them the way I had. He was obviously expecting my OCD self to organize the punches by size. In a way, I did. But to me it was much more important to organize them by the shape of the image they punched, as you can see above. This helps when I am trying to figure out if I have punches that layer well together. Many of them are designed to work together which quickly adds nice detail to your cards and projects.

I knew I would have more punches than rails, but I wasn't sure what I would do with them until I started putting things away. Back in November when Mike and I made a big trip to IKEA in anticipation of our upcoming move I bought this cart, planning to use it in the kitchen. I quickly saw its potential for storage in my craft room, so I made the switch. It rests right below the rails for the punches and not only holds my other punches (with room to grow) but also my Big Shot, cutting plates and platform and various other supplies. I am very happy with this done little corner of my craft room and I can't wait to share more with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment